Whether you just moved in or have lived in your house for awhile, there are certainly many things about your home that you would love to upgrade in a remodel. Some homeowners resist remodeling projects because they are not sure if they will see a return on their investment. One of the rooms that will absolutely provide a return in a remodel is the bathroom. The investment payoff, along with upgrading the design and creating a space for comfort and utility, are perfect reasons why a bathroom remodel will improve your home and quality of life.
One of the biggest features home buyers look at when house shopping is the bathroom. People want a house that is nearly ready to go when they move in besides small changes like paint or fixtures. But the bathroom is one room they want to be walk-in ready. Because the bathroom is one of the most-used rooms in the home, it is important that it has all the features to make the day easy and stress-free.
To get the most resale value with your bathroom remodel, you want to include these design basics that people are dying to have in their homes:
- Double Sink Vanities. When there is more than one person using the bathroom to get ready, each person having their own space is a luxury.
- Built-In Storage Solutions. Add a small linen closet or built-in open shelving. You can also choose a vanity or mirror with lots of storage potential.
- Large Bathtub. A large bathtub where people can get it and stretch out under the water is a very attractive feature to homebuyers. Up your game with a jacuzzi tub or a walk-in bathtub.
- Walk-In Shower. This is one of the most important features in a modern bathroom because of the design and space-saving use.
The problem with many homes are builders relying on outdated bathroom designs that do not consider how people today use the space. Even homes that are no more than five years old might have an outdated design that does not work with the utility of the space. This is one of the best reasons to upgrade to a modern design with all the features that you and potential homebuyers will want.
Think about how you use the bathroom and what features to build into the remodel.
- How is the storage space in the room? You can consider adding a different vanity with more options, a closet, or a built-in open shelving solution.
- Does your bathroom consider energy efficiency? Most bathrooms in modern homes have things like water conserving faucets and showerheads or dual flush toilets. These are features homebuyers will be looking for and features that will save you money on your energy bill.
- How many outlets does your bathroom have? With so many electric tools we use to get ready for the day, having more outlets in the right places may be an upgrade to consider. Also think about the power capabilities of the outlets and if you need to upgrade the wiring to handle higher capacity items.
- What kind of shower do you currently have? Many homes have traditional sliding door showers or even curtain options, but modern bathrooms are all about the walk-in shower. It gives your bathroom more space and is an attractive feature.
The bathroom is a place to unwind and relax; make it a personal oasis and a place where getting ready in the morning is calming and not stressful. A good way to start designing a relaxing bathroom is implementing spa-like features. Choose open shelving with deep woods so you can roll towels for storage. Add natural elements, such as granite or marble stone, to connect the design to nature for relaxation. Most importantly, make the focus of the bathroom a luxurious, large bathtub where people can relax the day away.