The time to Deck the Halls and all that jazz is almost here.
Instead of crossing your fingers and hoping for a new sweater, why not make a wish list for your kitchen?
After all, it’s a gift the whole family can enjoy, unlike a Rudolph sweater.
When you’re considering what to put on your kitchen remodeling wish list, think about the ways some changes in your kitchen can make your life better.
Maybe the style of your kitchen doesn’t go with what you have going on in the rest of your home.
Or maybe you’re just sorely in need of some upgrades.
You’ve got a lot of choices, from big projects to small tweaks.
What should go on the kitchen remodel wish list?
It really depends on what your individual needs are but here are some things to consider:
- Paint. Whether you’re doing a whole kitchen remodel or you just want to update the look in a smaller way, fresh paint can have a big impact. Try to choose a shade that coordinates with the rest of your home.
- Countertops. There are many, many options in the world of countertops. Some of the most popular materials are granite, ceramic tile, plastic laminate, and wood. Each kind comes in a wide variety of colors to match any look you want.
- Cabinets. The look of your kitchen can be totally transformed by new cabinetry. Your contractor can help you assess the best configuration for your kitchen. There are woods, colors, and finishes that will coordinate with any style.
- Light fixtures. Your remodeled kitchen wouldn’t be complete without a lighting upgrade. Whether your new style is traditional or contemporary, you’ll be able to find lights to fit the bill. A kitchen remodel is a great time to install some under-the-cabinet lights to provide some indirect light when you don’t need the overheads.
- Flooring. The flooring options are as numerous as cabinets and countertops! Some of the most popular materials for flooring today are wood, cork, ceramic tile, linoleum, vinyl, and natural stone.
Wall color, countertops, cabinets, lighting, and flooring are components that all kitchens have in one form or another.
What about the fun stuff? The stuff that isn’t a necessity, but sure would make life easier?
The upgrades you didn’t know you needed
There are all kinds of modern conveniences that you can add to your kitchen to kick it up a notch.
- Double oven. If you’ve ever had to prepare a holiday meal or feed a large group then you know how handy having a double oven would be.
- Coffee bar. Are there any java addicts in your home? Think about a built-in area specifically for brewing your coffee.
- Home office or tv area. Another great idea for a built-in is a place to stash all the paperwork that piles up on the countertops. It’s also the perfect “hub” spot to keep the family calendar, meal calendars, and sports schedules. Add a spot for the tv to make the time in the kitchen go by a little faster.
- Warming drawer. One of the hardest parts of preparing a meal is having all the food ready at the same time without something getting cold. How handy would a warming drawer be? Your family will think you’re a cooking ninja!
- Drawer dishwasher or built-in refrigerator. Don’t like the look of appliances? Dishwashers and refrigerators that blend with the cabinetry just may be the answer for you.
By now you should have more than enough to fill up that kitchen remodel Christmas wish list!
Have your personal Santa get in touch with your contractor to start on your list today!
Backsplash? Click here.